Cellular concrete characteristics
- Low-density. By controlling the foaming action, it's possible to manipulate the density of cellular concrete, creating densities that range from 15 to 120 lbs. per cubic foot. Standard concrete has a density of about 145 lbs. per cubic foot
- Excellent pumping qualities. Thanks to its high air content and low density, cellular concrete is easy to pump -even when long distances are involved.
- Light but strong. Cellular concrete is typically stronger than compacted fills or soils, even at its lower densities.
- Permeable or non-permeable. A broad range of applications are possible because cellular concrete can be formulated to stop water penetration or allows it to drain through the material.
- Self-leveling. Cellular concrete has excellent flow characteristics. It performs well at filling voids and flowing to form a level surface.
- Insulating. The air bubbles captured in cellular concrete give the material much better insulating qualities than other masonry materials.