Serving Greater Pittsburgh, Cranberry Township, McKeesport, Bethel Park

Blog

Black mold due to moisture issues

Black mold, also known as Stachybotrys chartarum, is a type of mold that thrives in moist environments. It is known to produce mycotoxins, which can be harmful to human health. Exposure to black mold can cause a range of health problems, including respiratory issues, allergies, and even neurological symptoms.

The dangers of black mold are especially concerning for people with weakened immune systems, such as children, the elderly, and those with chronic illnesses. People who are exposed to black mold may experience symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, skin irritation, and headaches. In severe cases, exposure to black mold can lead to lung infections or other serious health problems.

To prevent the growth of black mold, it is important to address any sources of moisture in your home or workplace. This may include fixing leaks, improving ventilation, and using a dehumidifier in damp areas. If you suspect that you have black mold in your home, it is important to seek professional help for remediation.

Overall, the dangers of black mold should not be taken lightly. By taking steps to prevent and address moisture issues, you can help protect yourself and your loved ones from the harmful effects of black mold.

Keystone Basement Systems has many solutions for moisture-induced black mold, so call today for your free estimate!

1-844-311-5098

our service area

We serve the following areas

Our Locations:

Keystone Basement Systems
205 31st St
McKeesport, PA 15132
1-412-872-2550
Top
Service Area
Free Quote